Is your child in need of special services in school? Is he struggling? Have his grades been dropping? Is he having behavioral problems? Have you been trying to get the school system to evaluate your child and they ignore you?
As Advocates, we work independently and are not associated with any school system. We are not attorneys. If you are frustrated because you know the school should do more for your child with special needs, but no matter what you say or do nothing happens, then we may be able to help.
As your Advocate, we can attend IEP meetings with you, help you get services and develop a better IEP. As your Advocate, we will do our best to make sure:
- The school staff treats you with the respect you deserve and they listen to you.
- The school district complies with the laws that protect your child.
- School personnel tell you the truth and that they don’t try and weasel out of something.
- You get the best IEP possible.
- School staff and district personnel take action even when they have repeatedly ignored your prior requests for help.
- You learn what your rights are, and discover how much power and protection you have under IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act).
- Appropriate accommodations and modifications are put on your child’s IEP and followed by the teaching staff.
- Your child is evaluated by the school district to determine if they qualify for special education services.
- Appropriate testing, if necessary for your child, is done by an outside private professional and paid for by the school district.
So if you’re having problems, if you know in your heart there must be a better way, please call us. There is a fee for our services depending on what type of help you need, but don’t let that stop you. It doesn’t cost anything ot talk and if we can answer some simple questions for you over the phone, we would be more than happy to do so, free of charge.
Call today: 407-342-9836
We charge for our services depending on what type of help you need, but don’t let that stop you. It doesn’t cost anything to talk and if we can answer some simple questions for you over the phone, we would be more than happy to do so, free of charge.